Saturday, January 12, 2019

Project Quilting--Hope Springs Eternal


I was excited to see the first prompt for this year's Project Quilting challenge.  It is one of the few times I've had an idea right away.  Last week I went to Los Angeles with Sarah for the annual IMTA Convention.  There she competed in several acting and modeling categories hoping to catch the attention of talent managers and agents =) We had so much fun!

On the way there, I was snoozing on the airplane and she nudged me to look out the window.  The colors of the sunrise were breathtaking!  I took a picture, but that could hardly do it justice since the cabin was dark.  But when I saw this week's prompt, I knew I wanted to work from that.


I also knew that I was losing 3 sewing days on our little adventure, so it had to be a smaller project.  I came up with a coupe of ideas and planed to shop on my first day home, but when I went to my scrap bins to see if I had anything I could work with, I found I already had everything I needed--including the zipper.  Bonus!


So this little bag will remind me of not only of the trip, but how important hopes and dreams are.  Sarah had big ones and I'll be running to keep up!  I have more simple ones, but it still seems like I'm always struggling to keep moving forward.  I love the colors of the sunrise and the simple lines that allude to the morning's first rays.  Thanks for inspiring me to dream a little too!

Hope is rising!

Linked up here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Cute, useful and a great way to remember a special time. I will have to go investigate the IMTA conference. Sounds like something my daughter might be interested in! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! What a great bag to remember your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!