Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Little Hand Piecing


I’ve been looking forward to this quilt along with Elm Street Quilts and Simply Everyday Handmade since they announced it a few weeks ago.

I learned how to hand piece a couple of years ago and I love it!  I’m still working on my first sampler quilt—I’ve finished 7 of the blocks so far. I usually only work on them at swim meets or on vacation.


But that also means I already have a system that works for me. I keep most of my supplies in one of my drawers, with just the snips, threaded needles and pincushion in a to-go pack.


I keep blocks ready-to-go in ziplock bags. After I cut out each piece, I mark the 1/4-inch seams on  each edge of the reverse side, label the bag and make any notes for things to remember.  When I’m ready to work, I just grab a block bag and my go pack.


So easy and satisfying. I’m always surprised at how quickly units and blocks come together. AND I’m super excited to put in time more regularly and have a top that is completely hand-pieced!

Linked up here as #111 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!