Thursday, January 31, 2019

OMG--2 of 6


Yay!  I finished my January goal.  I am absolutely floored with how many little pieces I'm actually dealing with.  I mean, I knew.  But taking the time to press each one and then seeing them stacked up so neatly really brought it home.  It's gonna be quite a task to get it all back together.


Knowing that most of these fabrics are close to (if not already) a hundred years old means it is not only a slow process taking out all those stitches but also removing all the creases from those seams.  I decided to use a muslin pressing cloth to protect the pieces as I pressed them.  I did a quick once-over to get the worst of the fold-overs out before sandwiching the unit inside the muslin, then pressed on both sides with the cloth to protect.  I'm very happy with how that worked.


Getting this far, has really been good motivation for me to keep forward movement on this  not-so-little side project.


Originally linked up as #130, finish linked as #111

1 comment:

  1. Quite the pile! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!