Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ALOYF--2014 Year in Review


This past year was good for me in so many ways.  Here is a quick re-cap of my ALOYF successes and not-so-successes. (I have links back to the finish posts for the months I completed and linked up my projects.)

January--I started the year on the new-to-me journey making a new cover for my ironing board.  It still makes me smile every day =)

February--In February I started a quilt for my husband.  Just getting all those squares cut out and marked was a big accomplishment for me.

March--This month I pieced all those squares into blocks.  Now those blocks are still waiting for further attention.

April--This was my first non-finish month.  I finished all the handcart quilting and pebbling for the center path, but it is still languishing ...

May--This month was a couple of small projects for myself.  I use the potholder regularly and I keep the mason jar cozy on my sewing table with my drink nearby.

June--I think this was my favorite finish of the year--and it didn't even count because I forgot to link it up =(  This pillow was originally intended to be a mini, but once I started those spirals, I knew It was going to be a pillow =)  I fought off two of my kids for it, but it is mine!

July--This month I worked on my hand piecing since I was away from my machine visiting family.  I need to make more time to work on this project.

August--This month doesn't technically count as a finish because I finished it the first week in September--but I did finish my beautiful nautical quilt.

September--I finished up my messenger bag.  I really enjoy its size and sturdiness.

October--Another non-finish month.  I got the quilt sandwiched and it is still rolled up on my table awaiting its turn for quilting.

November--was all about finishing up lots and lots of little things for Nicholas's bazaar.  I learned that my handmade stuff doesn't sell nearly as well as the covered chocolates ...

December--My final finish.  I love this RWB table runner for July.  I can't wait to use it then ...

A two-thirds completion rate (that was more like an 83%, with the June & August) is something I can be proud of.

2 comments:

  1. Yes you can definitely be proud of that. I can't wait to see what you will accomplish in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I definitely only participated a few months this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!