This month I wanted to get Nicholas's Bear Tracks trek quilt cut out--bonus would be actually finishing a couple of blocks ... Woohoo! met & exceeded =)
I also got the larger, one-piece and HST blocks cut out and ready to go. For me, spending a whole day on one part of the process is H.A.R.D. My brain wanted to go to too many other places ...
I stuck with it and finished cutting all but a few of the one-piece center blocks. (I ran out of the fabric I needed.) Seeing all those neatly piled pieces spurred me to piece all the HSTs in the next week or so. I have large HSTs going down the middle of the design, and of course HSts for all those claws.
I cut the bear claw HST's a little bit big so I could trim them up. (I have found that this greatly improves my accuracy matching points.) I used this method for trimming for the first time and will definitely be using it again. It is so much easier than trimming after they've been opened!
I did manage to get a handful of bear claw blocks pieced, but alas, I was distracted by other projects ... Here are my Summer on the Coast blocks mystery quilt along blocks for April:
And then, I've also been wanting to get going on the Zodiak BOM. I finally picked out colors and starter fabrics and got the first block started.