Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Keeping Motivated


I spent this past weekend cutting out 42 bear claws for my revised Bear Tracks quilt.  I've had the matched-up stacks on my desk and I'm so excited about this quilt!

Before I can go to town with that, I had to finish my bee block for this month.  It was super quick to come together, but I did have trouble finding a color that I had solids and tone-on-tones.  I definitely have prints and solids in my stash, but very few blenders.  I like what I came up with.  (Hope it's bright enough for you, Tori.)


I also saw this new Summer On the Coast mystery QAL from Alison.  I wasn't going to follow along, but was inspired to change my mind.  I'm doing the baby-sized option.  The first block will be super easy and there are only 3 months/units before assembly.  I think I can do that =)  Maybe it'll even help keep my mind off my no-vacation summer ...


3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you're going to do the QAL -- it is seriously SO SIMPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red. I too would have had difficulty finding solids and tone-on-tone prints in the same hue. I have so few solids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hadn't seen that one, thanks for the link, and those fabrics should be really pretty in it. I love that star, you did a great job with it. If you aren't getting a vacation, can you have an at-home 3-day quilt retreat? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!