Thursday, January 2, 2014
I struggled with this decision a bit longer than I should have. Last month when I took my sewing machine in for servicing, I was able to clean and organize. One of the things I did was make a list of projects-in-progress. Just from the various stacks on my desks, I made a list of 17 projects. That doesn't count the bins of projects awaiting further love. Haven't counted the projects in there, but I would guess that would add 5 to 10 more to that list.
That said, I chose another project on my want-to-do list that has become a priority. My poor old ironing board needs a new cover. I've had this ironing board since I got married almost 22 years ago now. It squeaks (maybe I need to get out the WD-40 this month, too) with every move the iron makes and the original cover has definitely seen better days.
As you can tell, there are nicks from when the rotary cutter ran over the edge of the mat. (From the days before I had a sewing table.) There is no padding to speak of and the metal structure has burned through. Sometimes this lovely netting design shows through onto the pieces I'm pressing, but I always have to look at the permanent burn marks.
Last year I won a FQ bundle of Joel Dewberry's Notting Hill. I love the fabrics, but really had no idea what to do with them ... until now :) I'm looking forward to piecing a cover using a Cotton Way pattern that I have. Here's to one fabulous finish in 2014!
Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes.