Saturday, January 11, 2020

Project Quilting 11.1~~Notably Numeric

This weeks project idea came easily to me for once. Which was awesome cause the simple execution turned out to be quite a pain. I actually ended up doing the stippling three times before I called it good enough.  After changing the needle, the thread and the tension, I gave up and took my machine in for servicing, so the binding I finished by hand--which I really did enjoy.



This past year has been one of particular change and growth for me. A lot of that started in January when my boy enlisted. I had him for 6 more months before I watched him walk away to embark on his chosen path.  I miss him every day. For me, this is a reminder of how far we've both come in a year--in so many ways.


This guy is small at only 7" X10". I  made it all from scraps.  I use my mug rugs every day in my work lunches so I'm happy to add this to my rotation.  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any posts for a long time. Am I just missing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece. So much meaning. great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!