Sunday, March 24, 2019

PQ 10.6--Craving Chocolate


This week I spent working on the final challenge for Project Quilting this year.  I'm happy with the way my little mini turned out!  I'm especially pleased that all my projects came from my scrap bins!!


I decided to make my project based off of another mug rug I made as a gift. While I'm a big fan of chocolate, I'm not a big fan of browns.  However, two big projects over the last couple of years left me with a lot of chocolate scraps.  It was surprising to pull it all out and realize I had more than enough to work with.  Woo hoo!


I modified one of the mugs from Kate Spain's In From the Cold pattern.  I chose green hi-lites, because, well, what's better than minty chocolate?  It finished at about 14" x 16", so a little big, but still perfect for my little snack tray.


This time around I even practiced some FMQ.  Haven't done that in a really long time.  I figured out that it was actually easier if I go a little faster.  Still has some tension issues, but they don't show if I use the same color top and bobbin threads.  

Linked up here as #66 .

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!