Monday, February 4, 2019

Hand Piecing HSTs--Block 2


I'm having fun piecing along with Elm Street Quilts and Simple Handmade Everyday!  I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I decided to make the blocks 12" instead of 6".  Takes a little longer, but I'm definitely getting in lots of practice.


My favorite tip from this process so far is using applique pins to pin my blocks together.  I've previously used glass-head pins.  I like how thin they are, but they do tend to get in the way a little more as I'm stitching down the line.  The applique pins are a bit thicker diameter, but they don't get in the way as much.  I haven't seen that make a big difference in the finished product, either.


Linked up here as #96 .

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!