Wednesday, February 27, 2019

OMG--Another WIP Done!


Whew!  I'm SO happy to have this finished.  It's literally been hanging in my sewing area since 2011.  8 years!  Really since before I learned how to quilt.  How did I let it sit for that long?!?

I started this for Sam when she was in 8th grade.  She was in her theater class production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I remember we ended up buying a purple dress that was very similar to this one.  Not really sure why it was set aside.


When I dug into what was left, I found the lining that also needed hemming as well as some stains that needed to be hidden in the fold-over of the hem.  Just means it's about an inch shorter than originally intended.


Not my finest work, but I'm glad to be able to put it away and not see it mocking me from the sidelines.

Linked up here as #57 .

2 comments:

  1. I guess it no longer fits Sam. What will you do with it? Find another dramatic 8th grader?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!