Sunday, February 3, 2019

One Monthly Goal—February


This year for me is about finishing projects that have been languishing in piles around my sewing room. In addition to participating in the hand piecing quilt along and project quilting (my only two new projects) I am focusing on reducing my piles where projects are carefully set aside when I get squirreled.


I'm moving a little out of my quilting comfort zone this month.  I've had this dress hanging in my sewing room for, well, a very long time.  I started it when Sam was in 8th grade.  She was in a version of Shakespeare's  A Midsummer Night's Dream and was going to use this dress to double as her graduation dress, I think.  Anyway--that obviously didn't happen!


All that is left to be done is to secure the top two rows of gold braid on the yoke and hem the bottom.  I think that is doable with everything else going on this month--including two very big swim meets that will take up two of my weekends.

Linked up here as #67.



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we often get "stuck" with projects right before the "finish line"? The dress looks great and will be a great finish for February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!