Sunday, March 3, 2019

OMG—Words for March


This month I was inspired to pull out my Words to Live By quilt.  Moda’s latest challenge stems from their Spell It! alphabet. It originally debuted several years ago and there are lots of gorgeous versions for inspiration.

Long ago I opened and sorted a jelly roll of Kate Spain’s Cuzco to go along with my own version.  I simply chose seven words and ideas that have meaning for me. Nothing magic about that number, it’s just what felt right after my brainstorming session.


Once I sorted, I realized that there were six colors in the collection, and the rest of the strips are mostly white. That led me to the decision to reverse one of the rows, so instead of colored letters with a white background I’ll do a colored background with (mostly) white letters. 


Just last week I found the perfect color for the reversal: Kona Bright Periwinkle. I saw this at my LQS and when I brought it home and laid it with my bundles strips, I knew it was inspired!  Now I am so excited about this project again!


I’ve made the letter blocks for three words, so there’s a bit more piecing to go. My goal this month is to finish piecing this top.

Linked up here as #63 .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!