Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Half-Baked: Happy Valentine's Day!



Well, I can’t ignore it.  It’s today!  I don’t know what it says about me that I’m just as excited about taking fruit to my kids’ school parties as I am about the possibility of doing something with my sweetie.  I don’t go all out on holidays—I just don’t have the energy.  But I do enjoy seeing how excited my kids get over the little things.

They’ve been talking for weeks about class lists and what they’re going to do this year.  What food will be at their parties?  Will Nicholas’s easy-button-light-up card box win a prize in his class contest?  (I’m so tired of hearing “That was easy!”  You remember those old Staples commercials …)  I know the kids will be on a sugar high for a week, so I always volunteer to donate some fruit to try to balance it out.  Today I decided to make simple kabobs out of red grapes and fresh pineapple chunks.  Doesn’t that just sound so much more tasty than chocolate right now?  OK, maybe it’s just me.
I explained in my last post that I decided to use some awesome subway art to create the classroom valentines for Nicholas & Sarah.  Here are some pics--they turned out so cute.  Nicholas's Scout leader is also one of the chocolatiers in town, so we bought some of his dark chocolate caramels and made little packets for teachers.  Teachers definitely deserve fine chocolates after the chaos of a class party :)  In fact (maybe I'm a little hypocritical here) I think chocolate should be required for them!

Take some time to show and tell those special people in your life how much they mean to you; you’ll never regret it.  It's the small and simple things that seem to end up meaning so much more.  Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!