Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April OMG

photo courtesy of Samantha Karr

Sooo, I didn't meet my goal last month.  I made significant progress on marking the quilt, but I didn't even get it sandwiched.  There was a confluence of events including a big work project (read: extra hours) and spring break that means
I didn't get to the pool (where I lay my quilts out for marking) as often as I wanted, and then the last week of the month there was no practice at all.  Whew, that was a long sentence.


Anyway.  I got a lot of little projects done.  Sarah wanted curtains in her room, so she found a tutorial, I modified it to fit her window and we worked together.  She's very happy that she can sleep in despite the spring light on the weekends now.


I also started a Handmade Mini from Thimbleblossoms while I watched General Conference last weekend.  I love the quote at the bottom from President Monson.  I was hoping to get to the lettering, but didn't quite get there.


I got caught up on the FQS Patchwork quilt along.


And finally, I got the Bear Tracks quilt back out that I was making for Nicholas.  I finished and pressed the last of the blocks, so now I have 80 8" blocks ready to make into a top sometime soon.


This month I'm going to focus on another project on the periphery.  I'm making some simple squares as table toppers for a Primary activity in May.  Since I don't want to be sewing like crazy the week before the activity,  I will spend my focus this month working on these.  I have to make 8 each of 3 different colors and a couple extra in accent colors.  


I have 4 finished and 2 more started.  That's about 15% done.  I've got lots & lots of pressing and  sewing to do ...

Linked up here as #75!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't meet my goal for last month either. I got close and than caved in to fun for Spring Break with my 9-year old. The quilts will wait. I'm working on it tomorrow again. Good luck this month. You have several beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love working with solids. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goal. I often try to select a goal that is reasonable in size with whatever else I'm working on and it moves the project (often a UFO) further along. Hope you get this done this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you got a lot done, and even tho' you didn't reach your goal you are moving forward. Good luck with this months goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!