Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July Stash Bee Blocks


I made these blocks a couple of years ago for Stash Bee, so I was excited to revisit these birds.  Mary asked for some personalization so it was a little different this time around.  I actually made 2 blocks again because I realized my first one didn't meet her request for bright, large scale printed wings.  So, without further ado ...
First meet my Baltimore Oriole.  I grew up in the DC suburbs and am a baseball fan.  Cal Ripken has always been one of my personal heroes =)  This was my first choice, but I realized the black print looks solid and figured I should make another.


Now meet my Red-wing Blackbird.  Every year we spent a week camping at the beach and I loved seeing this bird fly around the sagebrush.  Of course, I've taken a little license with the interpretation, but I love the comma fabrics and the large orange print does fit Mary's request.


Mary asked us this month what our life-long passion is. I honestly can't say I have a specific one.  In high school I loved sports, choir and theater, in college I was so focused on completing my degree I didn't do much else. Since I've become a mom my kids have been my focus.  I guess I've always been a crafter thanks to my mom and grandma, but it wasn't until just a couple of years ago now that I discovered my love of fabrics and quilting.

6 comments:

  1. Those birds are so cute! I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I especially love the background prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so awesome Heather! I really love those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job on the birds - I love the fabrics you have selected. Makes me want to make some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your blocks look great! I think both look very modern and harmonize well together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birds are just wonderful. The fabrics you selected are PERFECT! Mary is one lucky lady to receive them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!