This month I finished my Scrappy Churn Dash quilt top. For some reason, this just wanted to frustrate me at every turn.
When I started, I thought everything was chain pieced and ready to go. Then I cut apart all the HSTs for the corner units and lined everything up to piece the rows together. After the first few, I realized that I needed to trim them. So, I unpicked and started trimming. Is it me, or does that step always seem to take forever ...?
Once everything was trimmed and the blocks were stitched, I laid them out on my floor for a couple of days to make sure I liked the placement. I'm so happy I did that (and took a picture,) because I had to unpick rows twice when things got turned around during stitching and pressing.
Again, I had to do some unpicking when getting the black border on. I had wanted to add a second border, but I just wasn't feeling the right vibe from any of the fabrics I auditioned and I was worried about messing it up and having to unpick yet again.
That said, I am really happy with the way this looks with the single black border. I might have made it wider if I wasn't hoping for another border, but that's OK. It's done. For now. I just need to decide if I'll tackle the quilting myself or send it off ...
Originally Linked up as #70 here.