Sunday, April 26, 2015

April ALOYF Finish


I got my Hello Handsome quilt pieced together for this month's goal.
I am so pleased with the way it turned out!  I used the pattern from the Mar/Apr 2013 issue of Quilty.  Rhett has been bugging me to make him his own "blanket" and I thought of him when I saw this pattern.  And, of course, I had to make it a little bigger for him.  I used 100 squares instead of the 64 in the original pattern.  This was the first time I tried starching my fabrics and I really liked the feel of the starched fabrics as I made all those HSTs.

I wish I could get it quilted for my May goal, but I already know my schedule is way too full for that. Oh, well ...

Originally hooked up here as #39.

6 comments:

  1. I am impressed - that must have taken forever to sew. Beautiful, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the strong lines & patterns, looks almost 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful finish! All of those half square triangles might have made me crazy. I try to avoid them where possible (ha ha). Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for you and sometimes you just have to accept your reality when it comes to time for sewing. You'll get it finished soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I really like how the color choices almost make it look three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!