Sunday, March 16, 2014

Star Light Star Bright Top


I've had a rough couple of weeks!  Although I haven't been working too much during the day, there are so many other things cropping up to keep my mind, body and emotional cups full to the brim.  Without going into details, I had one child home for almost a week, one car accident and another fender bender 10 days later (both times our car was rear-ended), and several back-to-back appointments for several days in a row.

By some miracle, I've managed to stay somewhat on top of things at home and also with this quilt along.  I finished this top this afternoon just as another storm is rolling in and it got dark and windy outside.  Not the best for pictures, but this is too big to even attempt to get a picture inside the house.  I love the size and can't wait to get going on the quilting.  I've drawn out what I want to do for each of the nine blocks, but the sashing is stumping me a bit.  I guess I'll have to see what I end up with ...


And here is a quick peek at my  ALOYF progress for this month.  I still need to press, trim and sew.  It's a good thing I don't have any other plans for spring break :)



5 comments:

  1. Well for a rough couple of weeks you still have an amazing quilt top!! Way to keep up. It looks totally awesome. I love the the scrappy goodness of your top. And those corner stones, so cute!!! What a fun way to add to the sashing! Absolutely amazing!!! And I am so looking forward to seeing how you quilt this up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt and can't wait to see the finished project. I'm very intrigued by your next quilt - can't wait to see that one when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt top - very nice! Hope you figure out the quilting.
    Hope your life settled down some so spring break will bring you sewing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top looks wonderful and I can't wait to see it finished. So very sorry about the rough week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!