Friday, January 5, 2018

January OMG


It's been a while not only since I've posted, but also since I've really focused on my sewing.  This year I re-upped for another stint in Stash Bee after taking last year off.  I've also made a sort-of master list of projects to focus on this year.  For another post ...


This month I REALLY need to finish the quilt I started for my mom for Christmas.  It was a collaboration between all us, her daughters.  I got it almost done, but the echo quilting is taking A LOT longer than I expected.  I'm really proud of this project for many reasons, but one of those is that this is the largest quilt I've quilted on my little machine.

It was quite a process, but I'm really pleased with how it is turning out.


I just need to finish the echo quilting, mark and stitch the border leaf pattern and bind it.  I really need to finish this before I can move on to other projects on my list, so this is my first goal of 2018.

Glad to be back!  Linked up here as #112.

7 comments:

  1. This is looking so cool! I can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks great so far. And I'm in the same boat...trying to reignite my blogging and my sewing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt idea. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project! I love the heart in the middle of the tree. This is one of the best family quilt projects I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilting alwasy takes a lot longer than I expect. Hang in there. You are nearly done!
    Enjoy another round of stash bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. htI love your work. It is very nice to watch them! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I appreciate it very much! I keep my fingers crossed for further work and I will follow more of your projects.
    ctnbee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable, special project! Glad that you're back to your quilting again, and good luck finishing this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!