I've officially started another year with Stash Bee. I was going to take this year off, but gave in at the last minute; I just can't imagine not being a part of this sewing community! This year I'm back in Hive 1 where I started and this is the block I made for Alison this month... it was fast and pushed my plain yellow stash to its limits =) I have lots of other yellows, but with other color accents. It's lighter than I wanted, but it turned out OK. Can't wait to see how she works this cheerful block into a cohesive whole!
1. Name: Heather Karr
2. Where you live: Springfield, Oregon
3. Tell us about your family: This year I'll celebrate my 24th anniversary. We have 3 children: 18, 15 and 13.
4. Tell us about your pets: Up until a couple of weeks ago, we had 2 cats who were born in our home about 5 years ago now. Over winter break my oldest adopted a puppy from a friend and he is a doll--Great Pyrenees/Anatolian mix. I swear he's grown at least 6 inches in the last week ...
5. How long have you been quilting? I've been quilting almost 5 years now. When I started blogging, I found the quilting blogs and re-fell in love. I didn't know anyone who could teach me growing up, but with the online community I could teach myself--so liberating!
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I crochet mostly, sew clothing, toll paint (just a little) and someday I'll finish scrapbooks for my kiddos.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Since I started my new job last fall, I've been splurging and now feel quite satisfied with my collection =) That said, I am still crushing on Carolyn Friedlander's Doe. It would make a good quilt for the boy ...
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I mostly stick to straight line quilting on my home machine; if I want anything fancy I send it out to the longarmer. Someday I hope to have the space to get my own longarm to play on in my free time.
9. Where we can find you on social media: areformedheathn.blogspot.com is my blog, but I also check into Instagram (areformedheathn) and Facebook (Heather H. Karr). I'm on Flickr, too, but never really check it.
10. Favorite book: This one is hard because I'm a big reader and I used to work in a bookstore ... I love classics like To Kill a Mockingbird (both as a student and a teacher,) but I read police mystery and suspense when I get the chance. I also love cookbooks and sewing books (of course.)
11. Favorite show to binge watch: Netflix is great. I recently finished NCIS. I love that genre--I also own Bones and Alias on DVD, so I often turn to those too.