Sunday, May 31, 2015

May ALOYF Finish

It's done!  I really can't convey what a truly frustrating experience this dress has been.  Once I got through the straps (which took over a week of fretting and un-sewing and re-sewing ...) I thought I'd be home scott free ...

I was actually done three days ago, but hadn't gotten around to taking pictures.  When Samantha put it on, the zipper decided to unzip--below the pull.  So, we ran to buy another one last night before the shops closed.  I got the bad one out last night, but just didn't have the heart to work on it anymore.

I got up early this morning thinking I could finish it before church ... but for some reason, I just couldn't get it right today.  The first zipper went in first try, no problem.  With the same instructions in front of me, I just couldn't get this second one right--six tries.  Oh, well.  I finally got the second one in.

I think my finish this month should count as 2 finishes =)  Now I remember why I don't make fancy clothes.

Originally linked up as #28.


  1. Well it does look great. So sorry it was such a bugger to make. I have yet to even try making clothes.

  2. I do not mind sewing in zippers, but I hate replacing zippers and doing alterations. The resewing makes it sounds like a whole load of alterations, so I feel your pain!


Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!