This year is off to a bit of a slow start for me, but I'm rarin' to go! Looking back at my goals for last year, I did pretty well, but I do need to move a couple of them forward ...
1. Bees--Yes, I am a WorkerBee =) Once again I'm a Hive Mama in Stash Bee (#7 this year). I also joined my friend Jessica for her NewBees Round 3 that will finish off mid-year. My month is March, and I know what we're doing ... This is the Hunter's Star block I requested for Stash Bee in January:
|My Stash Bee 2015 Block Request|
2. ALOYF--I'm so up for another year of finishes. And this year I want to focus on finishes--either finished tops or quilted and bound tops. At the moment, I have 3 sandwiches rolled up on my desk, one quilt on the back of my couch waiting to get sent out for quilting and one top that is part-way through piecing on my side table. I don't even want to think about what's in my bins ...
|January Goal--Quilt & bind|
3. UFO Project/Civil War Melodies Quilt--One of my new Hive members for Stash Bee does a monthly check-in called a UFO Parade. She has us go through our UFOs and put 12 in ziploc bags and number them, then she pulls a random number each month and that is the bag we finish up. Since my BOM was already in monthly bags, I decided to combine these two projects. This month was #2:
4. I'd also like to keep myself open to a very small handful of blog hops and swaps for this year. I know those opportunities come along when I'm usually least ready for them. Here is my first one for this year:
5. Bloggers Quilt Festival (May & November)--Last year I only made it to the second one. This year I'm really trying for both.
1. Latter-day Light--This is a daily e-mail that is sent out with a daily scripture and quote from the prophets. But what I really like are the links to daily reading. If you follow them, this year you will finish both the New Testament and Book of Mormon in full by the end of the year. They make it so easy, how can I not ...
Along with all the normal day-to-day things I think this is a more-than-ambitious list =) I still sub regularly and want to keep my options open for a "real" job when the right opportunity presents itself. My 3 kids continue to be active and #1 has some big life changes this year.