Thursday, July 24, 2014

Buzzy as a Bee


This is my vacation stash.  I visited 4 or 5 quilt stores along the way and came home with some fun new fabrics (and other quilty goodies) to play with.  Some of these are mine, some for swaps and other extras.  After playing with these for a little bit, I spent this morning finishing up some bee projects that accumulated while on vacation.  I also figured I should work ahead just a little in anticipation of sewing along with Sewvivor over the next few weeks.


The first block is a butterfly block is for Meghan who will be making a quilt for her little cutie.


The wonky stars is my first block for the NewBees group.  Jessica is also making a quilt for one of her daughters for when she turns 8 in a few months.  I used the scraps from the first block to make a scrappy second.  Hope you like them.


My final block today is for Jansen.  It is a great scrap buster that will come together for her brother.  I didn't sew together the final seams so that she can place them how she wants.


I really enjoy doing bee blocks and I'm amazed at how some of my not-so-favorite fabrics (like polka dots) look great in blocks like this.  Now to work on my ALOYF goal ... I'm over half-way there for this month!

Sarah finished this Churn-Dash block for Rachael in her Primary Bee before our vacation, but she didn't do her signature block, so this is going in the mail today also ...



2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of all your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the day sucking Starburst's yesterday, I can't say how long it has been since I have had that pleasure! Thank you Sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!