|My First Block for the Flower Patch QA|
Formal Gardens String Block
One of my gardens
One of Dad's Gardens
I'm going to jump on this bandwagon and perhaps have a more productive summer as a result. I love this idea, but I can't limit it to just my sewing ... There is always so much to do and it seems like the struggle to stay balanced is never ending. My HS history teacher always said she wanted us to be well-rounded people and she threw little extras into her lessons that I will always remember. I chose my college major--Humanities--thanks to her. ANYWAY, here are my top ten things to work on this summer (in no particular order) :
1. Lindsay's Baby Quilt. Truthfully this is almost done. I'm just finishing up the binding.
2. HoHoHo Blog Hop. This was moved back to August, and I'm so grateful. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do, and realized that the advent calendar that I started last fall is the perfect UFO.
3. It's A Sister Thing Swap. I'm truly excited about my first swap. I even picked up my first little trinket to include in my package while puttering around yesterday. I just have to decide what to make ...
4. Summmer Breeze Topper. I made this from a Moda BakeShop tutorial last spring. I love it! However, it's been sitting in my pile waiting for me to figure out how exactly to quilt it.
6. Flower Patch Quilt Along. I love Green Fairy Quilts! Judy's style is so amazing. Someday I'll have her quilt one of my masterpieces, but in the meantime I'll stalk her blog and quilt along with her :)
7. Formal Gardens String Quilt. I started this in February, I think. I love it, but just haven't made the time, YET.
8. Design Wall. With my sewing hole in back third of the living room, I figured I could put up a design wall. Still working out the details, but have a couple of places to start.
9. Work in my yard ... I don't love yard work, but I love my yard. There are always projects and I always seem to be behind. Just a little bit every day is all I ask ...
10. Help my parents move. Last but not least. I'm just waiting for the word to buy the plane tickets. This one is a mixed bag emotionally. I know this was always the plan, but I'll always think of this as my home.
Whew ... this was more difficult than I thought it would be! I could easily add more, but focus is a good thing. How about YOUR summer ... what are some of your goals?