Friday, September 11, 2015

Welcome!

"Hello Handsome" quilting progress
Welcome!  To those of you who are new, thanks so much for stopping by.  A big thank-you to Amy over at Amy's Creative Side for featuring me today.  Truth be told, I was a bit star-struck when she contacted me =)  I religiously follow her Bloggers Quilt Festival in May and October.  I have a quilt kit awaiting attention that she designed both the quilt and fabric for. And I love her new fabric line that just showed up at my LQS, Chic Neutrals.


For those of you who are new-to-me, I'm so glad you came over to check things out!  I thought it would be fun to share a few things about myself so you can get to know me a little (and hopefully come back often =)

1.  I am an east-coast girl who has settled on the west coast.  I always knew I wouldn't end up back in Maryland, but I never thought it would be Oregon.  The Willamette Valley is a great compromise between my hometown and my husband's.

2.  I am a Fitbit fiend.  I live for that moment when it buzzes and dances for me.  I recently used all my gift money from last Christmas, my birthday, several gift cards and cashed-in online points programs to upgrade to a ChargeHR. (If you're interested on how I got $50 in Target gift cards for free, check out this link ... http://get.shopkick.com/slope28756)


3.  I love being a mom!  I am so proud of my 3 kiddos and love seeing them grow up.  Each one is different from the others, but I'm so happy that they feel they can come to me with pretty much anything and that we laugh together every day.

4 Generations of Bennett/Heath/Karr
4.  My family's favorite game when we get together is MahJongg.  Sort of.  I did know how to play for reals in college, but my family makes up our own hands.  My mom bought me my own tile set this summer and we love it ... but there are only 3 of us who play--Nicholas just won't give in and learn.  We also play tons of other games, too, but there is nothing like the sound of the tiles shuffling.

picture via Lindsay; yes, all this in one little house ...
5.  I enjoy all-things Italian.  I took 4 years of Italian in high school, visited on a tour and make pasta for dinner at least once a week.  Yes, I do like opera too.  My trip was probably the main reason I majored in Humanities in college.

6.  I'm a solitary sewist.  Partially because my schedule is crazy and it's too difficult to justify making a regular time for it and partially because the online community is so open and accessible.


7.  My sewing area has moved 4 times since I really started sewing 5 years ago.  I started (and expanded) in the living room, moved to a corner of my bedroom, then out to the playroom.  I've also been stationed in the 3rd bedroom and the loft, but it's been years since those "craft" rooms.

8.  I've always thought of this as my lucky number.  My initials were HH, the 8th letter of the alphabet.  I was born in the 8th month.  When I was younger, I found a rock with an  8 on it while hiking up Timpanogos that I still keep in my jewelry box.  When I figured out that 8 on its side means infinity, it was too perfect.


Finally, here is my latest finish.  Last month, I decided that I'd take care of this pile of fabrics for my birthday.  I can't wait to get to the quilting ... eventually.


I'd love to hear from you ... and if you follow me, I'll return the favor =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!