|"Hello Handsome" quilting progress|
For those of you who are new-to-me, I'm so glad you came over to check things out! I thought it would be fun to share a few things about myself so you can get to know me a little (and hopefully come back often =)
1. I am an east-coast girl who has settled on the west coast. I always knew I wouldn't end up back in Maryland, but I never thought it would be Oregon. The Willamette Valley is a great compromise between my hometown and my husband's.
2. I am a Fitbit fiend. I live for that moment when it buzzes and dances for me. I recently used all my gift money from last Christmas, my birthday, several gift cards and cashed-in online points programs to upgrade to a ChargeHR. (If you're interested on how I got $50 in Target gift cards for free, check out this link ... http://get.shopkick.com/slope28756)
3. I love being a mom! I am so proud of my 3 kiddos and love seeing them grow up. Each one is different from the others, but I'm so happy that they feel they can come to me with pretty much anything and that we laugh together every day.
|4 Generations of Bennett/Heath/Karr|
|picture via Lindsay; yes, all this in one little house ...|
6. I'm a solitary sewist. Partially because my schedule is crazy and it's too difficult to justify making a regular time for it and partially because the online community is so open and accessible.
7. My sewing area has moved 4 times since I really started sewing 5 years ago. I started (and expanded) in the living room, moved to a corner of my bedroom, then out to the playroom. I've also been stationed in the 3rd bedroom and the loft, but it's been years since those "craft" rooms.
8. I've always thought of this as my lucky number. My initials were HH, the 8th letter of the alphabet. I was born in the 8th month. When I was younger, I found a rock with an 8 on it while hiking up Timpanogos that I still keep in my jewelry box. When I figured out that 8 on its side means infinity, it was too perfect.
Finally, here is my latest finish. Last month, I decided that I'd take care of this pile of fabrics for my birthday. I can't wait to get to the quilting ... eventually.
I'd love to hear from you ... and if you follow me, I'll return the favor =)